Why You Should Pitch The Disaster Plan First

What kind of story do you want me to tell you? I guess I'll tell you the one about the company that could sell $4m worth of widgets with $3.9m in profit in six months. I could also tell you about the company that could create 10x the product with only five people. I could also tell you about the company that could create a super app capable of pivoting into 10 different things when the market changes directions. But that company doesn't exist, and the business plan I really want you to believe in doesn't either. As humans, we are naturally optimistic, so we want to believe. However, the true nature of what we are about to launch will die (95% do). So, here's a crazy idea... When pitching ideas, instead of investors taking in said pitch and cutting it in half, why don't we just start with a realistic story and work like hell to get there.


Comments